Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Put me in coach...I'm ready to play...today...

Whew! I love the holidays. I really do, but could we just push back Thanksgiving and Christmas about two more weeks? I need a minute. Thanks.

Well, I am sure that didn’t work, so let me share a little of my life lately. Of course, since Halloween is over I am done with costumes. Now on to turkeys, pumpkins, gingerbread girls, etc. I think I’ll do a Christmas owl too. I just love the little owl shirts. Anyway.

Our family went downtown Thursday night (GREAT job Uncle BoBo!) and had a great time. G originally wanted to be Yoda, but when he saw the Darth Maul costume he decided it would scare E much better. E was Tinkerbell, and A was a butterfly. Upon trying on her costume the night before, E decided I needed to be Silvermist. Luckily a blue scarf and a little matching blue makeup were enough the satisfy her. (I decorated E’s face in a cute design with lots of rhinestones and she loved those “buttons”. I tried to get her to call them diamonds. J ) Although, we mostly visited with people and didn’t wait in line for much candy. Then we ate at Jalapeno Tree and the kids got in bed late. E wanted to sleep with G, which I thought was so sweet because she really misses him when he’s not here, but he was none too thrilled.

Friday was our “Friday with MM” which is always great fun. I get a great kick out of listening to the conversations of two 3-year old girls. They had a Sock Hop at school which was a lot of fun. (And, when we were getting ready this morning E requested the buttons she had on her face from last night.) I did miss the first part of it because I had to make B up like Uncle Fester. Everyone at his office dresses up for Halloween and the kids come and trick-or-treat. It’s pretty cute. I’ll try to post of picture if I can figure it out! So, after the Sock Hop I took A, E & MM to LAW for some trick-or-treating and they definitely got their fill of candy. While we were there B and I got word that we had been given tickets to the Cowboys game AND the World Series game for Sunday. WOOOHOOOO!!! I was so very excited. We then loaded the car, headed to the Pizza Hut drive-thru. I let them pick ONE piece of candy. Reese’s cups. I took their bags and moved them all the way to the front seat. As we were sitting at the drive-thru I hear paper crinkling. I look back there and they have more candy…how did this happen? Apparently Gage’s bucket from the night before was just in arms’ reach for these sneaky little girls. Their faces were priceless though. Ha! We got our pizza and went home. Ate and they played. They really are very entertaining. Then it was time to transform these two lovelies into Tinkerbell and Cinderella. I drew designs on their faces and put a few “diamonds” on. Lots of glitter for Tink, but Cinderella -shockingly- wanted none. Hair put up in buns. Then the waiting game for party time so the costumes would make it through the night. They were not too happy about having to wait to put on their costumes. They rode bikes and scooters and tricycles until time for the party. When the transformations were made into a fairy and a princess, hilarity ensued. Those girls could pose with the best of them. Then on to the party, which was of course such a great time. I love seeing all the little kids dressed up in their cute costumes. And I especially look forward to this party every year for the cookies from Kern’s. Yum. Needless to say this was quite an eventful day and we were very successful in wearing the kids out. At one point during the party E walked up and said she was sleepy. Yes, that was our cue to hit the road. She was asleep before we got to 43.

Saturday…Nesbitt Turkey Shoot. B took G and E and they had a great time. I had a bit of a calm morning (THANK YOU B!) with little A. B and G each won a turkey from Bear Creek Smokehouse, which was GREAT! I washed clothes and got things together for the kids on Sunday. It was quite a feat making arrangements for all three kids, but it really worked out in the end. Saturday night one of G’s friends had a birthday party at the great Pump It Up. We stopped off for some Chick-fil-A (love) and then us girls dropped the boys off and did a little shopping at Target. We were sure to get back in time for E to get to play though. This party was from 7-9p, so it was another very late night. The kids didn’t go to sleep until around midnight. I stayed up until about one getting all the kids’ stuff together.
Sunday…gameS day. I got up at 5, even though I was shooting for 4:30 (who was I kidding!) I immediately drank a huge cup of coffee and then showered and got ready. Of course, I had lots of blue eyeshadow and glitter. It was Halloween and I really wanted to do more, but all things creative in my brain were fried. So, a star on my cheek was as good as it got. We got all packed up and ready and dropped the kids off and headed west young man. (Now I am getting tired of typing and you are getting tired of reading.) Lots of drama ensued on the way, but I will spare you the uninteresting details. It made for lots of laughs though. We got to the parking lot and had a great spot (thanks to a friend who got their early). We walked down to the Cowboys game. I had never been and that place is AMAZING. There is really not a bad seat in the house. It was very, very cool. Although, it would have been a lot cooler if they’d won. The halftime show was pretty neat. I loved the backwards dancing. The cheerleaders wore costumes that included a mask on the back of their head. Anyway, it was cool. We left the game early and went back to the car to tailgate. There were five of us and it was a good time. B cooked us some brats, pork chops and boudain. Yum. And, of course chips and dips. You just can’t beat Ruffles and French onion dip. J then we walked down to the WORLD SERIES game!! I would have never ever though I would get to go to a game like this. I love baseball and our seats were awesome. We were in row 8 right behind third base. It was AWESOME. B of course said he would have preferred the box, but I did not agree this time. We ended up sitting behind two of the Dallas Stars, which was pretty neat too. Again, this would have been a lot more fun if the Rangers had won, but we still loved it. Although, when it was time to go home it took us an hour and a half just to get out of the parking lot (and we were very close to the exit). It took three of us to drive home because we were so sleepy. We rolled into our driveway at 3a. Needless to say, verrrrrrrry tired.

Monday…recovery day. I took two naps and still went to bed early.

Tuesday…today is the day to VOTE! Be sure and get out there if you haven’t already.

I hope all of you have a nice relaxing week with lots of rest. I am super stoked for the Skinner family and sweet little M getting to come home tomorrow. Please remember them in your prayers.  www.caringbridge.org/visit/madieskinner

No comments:

Post a Comment