Friday, November 12, 2010

I whip my hair back and forth...I whip my hair back and forth...

Are you ready for some great, useless information? I need a break from thinking about sick babies, tutus, and such. So, I thought I would write about hair. (and if you haven't heard the song in the title, it's great!  haha) I figure I have enough of it I can talk at least a little about it. (When I was little I always wanted my hair as long as Crystal Gayle’s. ) And, after all these years of long hair I have developed a great love affair with hair products. From time to time I am asked about what I use, or how I get my hair the way it is…and have even been asked if I use bump-its. (For the record, I do not.)

To start at the beginning we’ll talk shampoo and conditioner. I do think that to keep your hair fresh you have to switch them out every once in a while. I switch (randomly) between three. I love the Herbal Essences for color-treated hair because it makes my hair smell so very good and makes me feel so girly. I used to work with a girl that always got people to smell of her hair. Now, I have never done that, but I sure want to after I use this! Second, I use Redken Color Extend. It just makes my hair keep the color brighter longer. Lastly, I use Big Sexy Hair Big Volume. Obviously, with this long hair I need all the help I can get in the volume department.

Now, after I get out of the shower, here are the products I use every time I straighten my hair (in the order I use them, which I also feel is important):
1. Redken Color Extend Total Recharge;
2. Redken Extreme Anti-Snap;
3. Big Sexy Hair Root Pump Plus;
4. Redken Straight Align 12; --insert blow dry here--
5. Chi Silk Infusion (smells wooooonderful);
6. Redken Heat Styling Iron Silk 07;
7. Schwarzkopf Dust It; and
8. Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play Harder hairspray.

Then, when I scrunch my hair, here is the list (also in order):
1. Redken Color Extend Total Recharge;
2. Redken Extreme Anti-Snap;
3. Big Sexy Hair Root Pump Plus;
4. Redken Fresh Curls Spring Mousse;
5. Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Finishing Touch Cream;
6. Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Spray Gel;
7. Dep Sport Endurance Styling Gel (yep, Dep. Best gel there is.) --insert blow dry here--
8. Schwarzkopf Dust It; and
9. Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play Harder hairspray.


Now, I have also tried many products I was not so thrilled about. One is Big Sexy Hair Powder Play. I don’t know which came first, but to me it is a cheap imitation of the Dust It. Dust It works at least 100 times better. Another, I actually liked the description so much I bought twice. That is Big Sexy Hair Flip it Over Texture Spray. TERRIBLE!! It makes your hair feel like you haven’t washed it in at least a week. Very greasy and gross. Redken also had some awesome Blonde Glam products I loved that they (sadly) discontinued. I’m starting to think Redken needs to call me to be in commercials! Just sayin‘.

Alright, there’s your blog. A nice little change for me. And now I need some sleep! In case you were wondering, yesterday at Deborah’s Boutique was the most spectacular day for Tutu Sweet Boutique. A special thanks to Debbie Parker and Nikki Barr (okay, it’s now Watkins, but I like saying “Nikki Barr” all together.) J Good night!

P.S. I wanted to put fun links to all these products, but I am still kind of new to the blogging and don’t know how to do that yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment