Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Who says...who says you're not perfect...

I have 800 things I need to do today. I just don’t know where to start. Clearly blogging should not be on the list. But it sure does sound like more fun than cleaning. Speaking of cleaning, I don’t like it. I mean, I like a clean house, I just don’t like work. I am lazy. Very lazy. So, just know, if you ever just “stop by” my house, it will not be clean. My mom always had a little sign that said something about I cleaned yesterday, you shoulda seen it. Yeah right. Kinda like our Free Beer Tomorrow.

Yesterday I was vacuuming the living room and trying to figure out where to vacuum next. Well, Audry was a step ahead of me. She had it all planned out for me. So…the dining room was next.


A little piece of advice for you too. Do you ever feel lonely? Bored? Just wish you had SOMETHING to do? Well, I have a simple solution for you. Have a kid…or three…or seven. You will never again have a dull moment. No time to even think about wishing for something to do. Your laundry will never be “done”. Your floor will never be clean. You will never again feel lonely in the bathroom, because you will have visitors. Your shirt will never be completely clean by the time you leave the house. They should probably come out with “Mom bibs” to catch all the baby stuff that gets all over us. Do you like watching movies? Well, if it’s PG-13 or above, you can forget it. You will have to pause it 87 times and by the time you get to the end, you won’t even remember what movie you were watching to begin with. Either that, or if you wait until they are asleep late, late at night, you will probably be so tired you’ll fall asleep in the middle of it. So, be sure to really enjoy those previews.

Side note…I believe my sweet, angel of a baby aka Audry has hit her “terrible 2’s” at approximately 16 ½ months. She’s an overachiever. She now just screams and cries for no reason. And, if she doesn’t get her way she has her fit-throwing position. However, unlike other fits, she just lays there like this (I will have to post a picture later, I can‘t find it!). No screaming, which is hilarious. But the screaming, crying, body throwing, demon possession is ridiculous. Whatever. Even funnier is when I’m in some strange position with her letting her cry or giving her marshmallows to try to calm her down (you know, whatever works) and Gage asks, “What are you doing?” I love that, because I always say, “I don’t know.” I hope lots of other parents feel that way too. Because I pretty much feel that way 99.9% of the time.

And the hot topic. Casey Anthony. I did not keep up with her trial. I know few details. I do not watch the news because it is always depressing. I can get depressed all by myself. I don’t have the energy to worry about people I do not now, nor will I ever, know. HOWEVER, I will give my opinion because this is my blog. All I read now is hatred towards her. I understand the negative feelings people should have towards anyone who harms (however extreme) a child. But, I have to ask, were you there when this sweet child was killed? I wasn’t. The only one who knows is God, and the person who did it. Whoever that may be. So, whether you think she did it or not, you should pray for her. If she did it, she needs prayers for many reasons. And, if she didn’t (as the jury says), she needs prayers for other reasons, like all the people who have hatred in their hearts towards her. Send her love and light. Pray that she asks for forgiveness if she did it. Leaving your porch lights on doesn’t help anyone but the electric company.

And lastly, here’s proof that B and I have the absolute cutest kids ever…



Remember, I told you I was a mess from the beginning.

2 comments:

  1. Wasn't that so sweet of Audry!? She just wanted a little cereal mom! Oh and all that you said about no privacy, doesn't get any better the older they get! Lol love ya girl! Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you learn to write like that. Yes you are a mess. I do make some kind of messes!! lOL LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete